COMPLETE EYE CARE
Ophthalmology or eye care services as no longer about being a single specialty. Our hospital encompasses all specialty of eye care under one roof. That way, patient will get complete eye care by super-specialist in that particular field of eye care.
Our specialty clinics include
- 1. cataract clinic
- 2. Lasik and refractive surgery
- 3. cornea clinic
- 4. Dry eye clinic
- 5. Keratoconus
- 6. Scleral contact lenses and contact lens clinic
LOW VISION AIDS clinic
Patients with vision loss that cannot be corrected with spectacles, contact lenses or intraocular lenses can benefit from low vision rehabilitation services. These services consist of learning ways to optimize the use of residual vision, utilizing low vision aids such as magnifiers and computer equipment, and making adaptations to the environment to compensate for low vision.
Patients who can benefit from Low Vision Aids
- 1. Juvenile / Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- 2. Diabetes related retinopathy.
- 3. Glaucoma
- 4. Retinitis Pigmentosa.
- 5. Albinism and nystagmus / shaky eyes related low vision.
VISION THERAPY clinic
Vision therapy is a personalised, progressive and non-surgical treatment for the eyes and brain to treat many common problems such as lazy eye, crossed eyes, double vision, headache and reading and learning discomfort or disabilities and computer vision syndrome that includes strain and difficulty in reading on the computer
This is done with the combination of computerised exercises and games along with various filters ,prisms and lenses
Who needs vision therapy? / Signs that might be an indication for Vision therapy.
- 1. Struggle or discomfort while reading / writing.
- 2. Difficulty in changing the focus after concentrating from far to near or vice versa.
- 3. Unable to concentrate for a long period of time while reading.
- 4. Squinting, closing or covering one eye while reading or focusing.
- 5. Need of holding the reading material very close to eyes.
- 6. Tiredness or fatigue while reading.
- 7. Intermittent (temporary) blur in the distance or near.
- 8. Headaches and eye pain.
- 9. Double vision.
- 10. Difficulty in tracking / tracing moving objects.
- 11. Unusual posture or head tilt when reading or writing.
- 12. Skipping lines or losing place when reading or copying.
What to expect after vision therapy?
- 1. Improved vision
- 2. Better binocular balancing I.e Better performance while using both eyes.
- 3. Reduced strain on the eyes.
- 4. Better focusing ability.
- 5. Longer concentrating hours.
- 6. Improved performance in reading and writing.
- 7. Treating double vision (specific types).
- 8. Treating eye squinting (specific types).
- 9. Retina clinic.
- 10. Squint and pediatric ophthalmology clinic.
- 11. Glaucoma clinic.
- 12. Oculoplastics and ocular asthetics clinic.
- 13. Uveitis and ocular immunology clinic.
PERSONALIZED TREATMENT SOLUTIONS
We at Mumbai Eye Care, one of the best eye hospitals at Ghatkopar East, Ghatkopar West and Powai along with the best eye doctors have also brought together best diagnostic and surgical tools from around the globe.
Our array of machines include the following
CARE AT DOOR STEP
Mumbai Eye Care, believes in 'Patient First' policy. To achieve this for patients who are bed ridden or aged, we offer HOME VISIT. Our technical team will visit at your home and perform following check up -
- 1. Vision testing
- 2. Automated / Computerized refraction (number check-up)
- 3. Eye pressure check-up
- 4. Retina photo/ Fundus check up
- 5. Slit lamp check up using handheld slit lamp
This would make your check up as comprehensive as it would be at the clinic.